The 2.0 Firmware for Synthstrom’s Deluge is currently in beta stage. During Superbooth Synthstrom’s Ian already gave a preview on what was coming up regarding the new arrange mode and in the official newsletter today Ian took some time to make a proper overview of the upcoming changes.
Synthstrom Deluge 2.0 Features
- Song “Arranger” mode
- 30 – 50% or more improvement to CPU efficiency (i.e. more voices)
- Around 30x more RAM available for working on a song
- New analog-modelling synth engine features (new “drive” filter and two new analog emulation oscillator types)
- Effect tails may now be heard even after a track finishes playing
- MIDI CC, pitch bend, and channel aftertouch recording, sequencing and output.
- MIDI note outputs within “kits”
- Velocity for note creation and auditioning defaults to that of the last sequence-note touched
- Option to silently select samples while previewing
The 2.0 beta still has a few weeks of testing ahead and is scheduled for a release in June.
The Synthstrom Deluge is a boutique groovebox containing a sampler, synth and sequencer. This machine is only limited by its CPU so makes for an excellent music workstation that has the potential to ...