Holderness Media, creator of one of our favourite effect apps announced a new iPad app today called Stereo Designer.
In the promo video published today, it looks like Stereo Designer will be a handy tool for stereo-spectrum related audio tasks like swapping channels, panning, high- and lowpass, summing to mono etc.
The app sports the signature Swoopster UI, which should make it a breeze to operate it.
Stereo Designer is an easy to use multi-purpose stereo shaping tool for Audiobus and Inter-app Audio. Create unique wide stereo images, “stereoize” a mono sound source, apply mid/side processing, independent high and low pass filters per channel, and more.
Process synths, drum machines and hundreds of other apps by connecting through Audiobus. Use Stereo Designer as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
Stereo Designer features two distinct modes:
PERFORM and TWEAK.
● PERFORM mode is focused around four XY touch pads. Touch to control LOW PASS, DELAY, PAN and OUTPUT gain independently for left and right channels.
● TWEAK mode features large expressive sliders and additional effect parameters, allowing you to fine tune your sound.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-app Audio support, Stereo Designer can also process external instruments such as guitar, voice and synths by connecting a microphone or professional audio interface such as the Apogee Jam, ONE, or any iOS compatible USB audio interface.
Check out our other FX apps including Echo Pad and Swoopster!
● requires iOS 7.0 or later
● iPad Mini/iPad 2 or newer
● Audiobus compatible (Effect,Input)
● Inter-App audio compatible (effect node)
● compatible with USB audio interfaces
● Control individual Left/Right channel volume, panning, filter and more.
● Mid/Side (M/S) processing mode lets you adjust the volume, high and low pass filters for Mid and Side independently.
● Widen or reduce the stereo width of an input signal.
● Independent panning position of each channel, allowing for interesting stereo placement.
● Individual High and Low Pass filter per channel for additional stereo shaping.
● Phase (polarity) invert Left/Right channels.
● Isolate the Left or Right channel and manipulate the resulting mono signal.
● “Stereoize” mono inputs using individual channel delay + High and Low Pass filters.
● Sum Left and Right channels to mono.
Stereo Designer works with just about any professional iOS compatible USB audio interfaces. Here is a list of interfaces that have been tested and verified to be compatible:
● Apogee Jam
● Apogee Mic
● Apogee ONE for iPad/Mac
● Apogee DUET for iPad/Mac
● Apogee QUARTET for iPad/Mac
● iRig HD
● iRig iMic
● Focusrite Scarlett series (*requires USB hub)
● Alesis io2
● Alesis IO Dock
● Behringer UCA202
● many more
The app will be coming soon, more info on: http://www.stereodesignerapp.com/