The earlier announced 1.02 Korg Gadget update, code name ‘Milpitas’ hit the App Store today. A lot of user requests were implemented among which is Audiobus support (for which an iPad Air or Retina Mini is recommended), 16-bar length option and several sequencer and design enhancements, check out the full list below to see what’s new in 1.02
For beginners who want to start track making
• Newly added “Beginners Guide” (http://goo.gl/58cVMI)
• Audiobus support (iPad Air/iPad mini Retina recomended)
• Increased maximum bar length of clip from 8 bar to 16 bar
• Automation parameter edit support without real-time recording
• Arrange tracks
• Track number support
• Improved auto-naming function when creating a new song
• Improved drawing capability
Enhancement of Sequencer
• Auto scroll sequencer when dragging notes toward the edges of screen
• Easier to change note length at the right edge of screen
• You can now move and edit multiple notes together while maintaining their relative pitch
• Reduce to one action to access parameters such as bar length
Enhancement of “Hybrid Design“
• Refined “Hybrid Design“ with UI/UX experts
• Optimized design with Function along with streamlined iOS 7 design
• Improved animation when loading a song
Enhancement of “GadgetCloud“
• GadgetCloud website version open (www.korg.com/gadgetcloud)
• Display update date of top chart
• Activity tab support to show your activity. Notifications now inform you when your track is liked / you are followed, etc.
• You can now add tags when uploading to SoundCloud
Other small tweaks have been made to improve usability and stability.
Furthermore, Korg launches its first worldwide Gadget Remix contest teaming up with SoundCloud for putting together prize packages for the top three remixes. In this contest contenders should remix one of the demo tracks that come with Korg Gadget. Upload your creation to GadgetCloud, rename your track and tag it with ‘GadgetContest’.
The prizes are really nice, consisting of the Volca series, Korg tactile controllers, the MS-20 Mini and SoundCloud Premium subscriptions.
Check out the official Remix Contest page for further details.
So these are all more reasons to get Gadget from the App Store right now, it’s still discounted until March 31st!