Just like Apogee earlier, IK Multimedia updates their iOS microphone to a higher quality version today. The iRig Mic HD features a 44.1 – 96 kHz sampling rate and what’s new in the HD versus the regular iRig Mic is a internal preamp and analog to digital converter, allowing you to capture a digital 24-bit signal into your laptop or iOS device.
The iRig Mic HD comes with a Lightning and USB connection cable, for respectively connecting it to newer generation iPhones / iPads or your Mac / PC.
• Only digital mic to support all popular mobile, laptop and desktop platforms
• Equivalent quality to mics costing 2-3 times more
• High-quality 24-bit, audiophile-grade A/D converter
• Handheld design — also compatible with standard mic stands
• App/software bundle and mic clip included
• Lighting connector and USB cable included, 30-pin cable available separately
We’re curious for the first audio examples and how the HD compares to the regular iRig Mic.
iRig Mic HD will cost $99.99/€79.99 (excluding taxes) and will be available from music and electronics retailers worldwide in early Q2.