After having launched a chord playing app a while ago, Fiddlewax released a new app yesterday called Fiddlewax Yellow. Fiddlewax Yellow looks to be an intuitive harmony looper allowing you to record and loop your voice or anything else and have it automatically layered into a pleasing harmony.
The app sports an appealing UI and is built using the Amazing Audio Engine framework which should make everything perform well on different iDevices.
Developer Adam Kumpf does a good job in showcasing + explaining the app in this demo video:
- Realtime 3-part vocal harmony using our very own super fast, polyphonic, pitch-shifting and audio analysis pipeline. Sing and synthesize new sounds and audio textures on the fly.
- Built-in effects to add chorus, distortion, reverb, low-pass, and high-pass filters with the push of a button. Quickly transform your voice into other instrument sounds as you play.
- Synchronized, auto-expanding looper to layer up to 6 audio tracks at once. Easily start/stop any track and clear tracks individually when you want to overwrite/undo.
- Integrated recording function to save and share songs. Send to other installed apps, attach to email, or download later from iTunes when you sync your device.
- Low-level core audio implementation makes everything run super fast and robust (built using The Amazing Audio Engine).
- Headphone-aware control logic reduces the chance of squeaky feedback while you record.
- Great for all experience levels, from beginners to experts.
- Precision interface optimized for 10-finger multitouch.
Get Fiddlewax Yellow for iPad/iPhone from the App Store (currently free!)