Akai is hitting it big this Summer as they’re also joining the analog revival with a new Groovebox announcement. The Rhythm Wolf is an analog synth combining a five-voice drum machine and single-ocsillator bass synth.
Here are the feature highlights:
- 5-voice analog drum machine and synth—authentic analog design that references classic rhythm machines and synthesizers
- Legendary analog drum sounds—kick, snare, open & closed hi-hat, and metallic percussion
- Synth-bass module—selectable square or sawtooth wave with classic filter design for warm, deep basses and squelchy leads.
- Onboard 32-step sequencer—classic drum machine workflow for quickly laying down grooves and melodies
- Six genuine MPC pads—responsive controls for sequencing and finger drumming
- Howl knob—custom distortion circuit for additional sound design
- USB-MIDI and MIDI In/Out—flexible MIDI connectivity for easy integration into modern studios
- Gate Trigger—triggering via modular synths, vintage sequencers, or external sound sources
- Independent audio outputs—dedicated outputs for the drum machine and synth-bass module for precise mixing
The price will set you back just slightly more than a single Volca with an expected $199.