What better to go with our brand new iRig Keys device than a dedicated piano app for iPad, IK Multimedia must have thought. iGrand Piano for iPad looks like an ambitious new release, offering 17 multi-velocity, sampled piano models, claiming the same expressiveness and playability as higher-end piano plugins on PC and Mac. Similar to IK’s Sampletank you can try out a free version that offers one grand piano sound or shell out $19.99 / € 15.99 for an 8-model version. To complete the collection, more models are available in an expansion set via an in-app purchase. Furthermore, iRig Midi or iRig Keys owners receive a bonus piano model unlocked in the app.
- 8 world-class, multi-velocity stereo grand and upright piano instruments (including one that is unlocked by registering the app). You can also unlock an additional bonus piano by registering an iRig KEYS or iRig MIDI
- Free version contains two pianos, but can be upgraded to include all the others
- Expandable library of 9 additional studio-grade instruments instantly available via in-app purchase
- Intuitive instrument edit controls including Ambience, Lid, Brightness, Release, Tuning and Transpose
- Included MIDI Recorder with overdub capability
- Export performances via E-mail, File Sharing and Copy
- Large visual metronome with variable click volume and adjustable tempo
- Easy-to-use instrument editor with transpose to adjust ambience, tonality and tuning
- Virtual MIDI and MIDI Program Change support
- Low-latency for real-time playing
- Designed in concert with iRig KEYS portable MIDI keyboard and iRig MIDI interface
- Free version also available
We’re curious to see if this app can compete with other digital piano’s.